1/18/07

Tax(wo)man

Around lunchtime, I began the horribly complicated process of filing our taxes. Mind you, I didn't say "horrible" process. It's complicated, yes, but I enjoy it in a perverse, never-liked-math sort of way. Something about ferreting out my money and wrenching it back from the government...

This year is especially complex, with multiple employers and school issues to navigate. The really awful part will be filing three different state returns, plus one city return because Cincinnati took money they shouldn't have! AND, for the first time, I get to claim my writing as a business. Weee! I'm official... coz the gooberment says so.

2 comments:

Keven said...

How the hell did Cincy take our money?

Tess said...

Congrats on being a pro!

It seems like every year, there has to be at least one inexplicable thing about taxes....