1/24/07

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)

Will Ferrell (Ricky Bobby), John C. Riley (Cal), Sasha Baron Cohen (Jean Gerard) Gary Cole (Reese Bobby)

Directed by Adam McKay (Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

From IMDB: "#1 NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby stays atop the heap thanks to a pact with his best friend and teammate. But when a French Formula One driver makes his way up the ladder, Ricky Bobby's talent and devotion are put to the test."

The film itself was funnier than I expected. Sasha Baron Cohen's part was not as funny as I expected, although he played happily absurd quite nicely. Overall, I am neither ashamed nor regretful of having viewed this silly ass movie. The scene for saying grace proved exceptionally diverting. In other words, I laughed a lot.

1 comment:

Fang Bastardson said...

I feel the same way about this flick as I did about "Cars," which is I probably would have liked it more if I had been familiar with NASCAR culture - gotten more of the in-jokes - but then I would have liked myself even less then I do. Seriously, sitting in the sun watching cars race past you for a second every minute or two? How can that not be the Worst Spectator Sport ever??

Additionally, I too was underwhelmed by Baron-Cohen's performance. Can't wait for the Borat DVD!