1/17/07

Winter, At Last

We've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, meteorologically speaking, for months now. After all, we live in Wisconsin. It's gotta get cold sometime! I don't think our heating turned off last night as the temperatures dropped to 0F (-18C). The current temp is 7F (-14C). Doesn't seem so bad, though, because the sun is shining and the snow isn't that deep.

After using it as our motivation to return from my parents' house, the pre-school music class was a no go this morning. Juliette's nose is a little fountain of snot, and she's still got a cough. A mother does not make friends with other mothers by bringing sick children to class. So we'll go next week. But this morning, Juliette did reveal herself as a true school-age girl when she said she wants to be a paleontologist when she grows up.

Keven's off to take care of school things today, in preparation for his return to classes on Monday. Yikes! But a routine would be nice. Any. Any at all. In the meantime, he's been devoured by Soulseek, the file sharing program. I downloaded it before we left for England but didn't get a chance to mess with it much. Last night, I downloaded things (shhhh.... the record Nazis might be listening). Seven things, actually, which makes me happy that no one bothered to buy me the music that was on my Amazon wishlist.

I purchased my new mic/headphones yesterday, so today is all about reading my crappy RWS stuff into the computer. I'm just curious about the word count... and how much of it might be salvageable. I am fearful. However, I did think of scenes I can write to fatten my Serenade word count, which is nice. Editing has made it a little skinny...

6 comments:

Pacze Moj said...

Does reading your work into the computer, as opposed to typing, change your writing much?

Mircalla said...

also my friend's boy (edoardo), who is 3 or 4, said he wants to become a paleontologist when he grows up. : )

Ann(ie) said...

I'm all about the typing when I write. Since I do 80-90 words a minute, even when writing, I could never do anything longhand. And trying to speak it would utterly defeat me.

carrie_lofty said...

I have been handwriting my WIP for the last month, so mostly it's about reading it in and saving my wrist the typing effort. It's shit right now. Edits are a wonderful thing for polishing up rough ideas, which is pretty much what I'm dealing with at the moment.

And believe me, I'd type if I could. My WPM is about 80-90 as well, and the kinetic link between my brain and my hands is the most developed, but my left wrist is about shot. I have to find a new way, even if it slows me down initially.

Keven said...

I'd like to point out that anything I have downloaded on Soulseek I have then deleted immediately after listening to it.

Ann(ie) said...

I guess I'm pretty lucky. I don't have any real health issues related to writing (or anthing else for that matter).