2/27/07

Hanging in There

We're still here. We're still in the house, mostly because the car is buried. Keven has received positive feedback on at least one of the job interviews. Not an offer yet, but at least ego-boosting progress and some possibilities.

In other news, the girls drew on our white apartment walls with dry erase markers. Yay! I was busy making dinner, actually cooking for the first time in a hundred and six years, and I noticed a distinct lack of noise, laughter, fighting, or toys being rammed together. I poked my head into the bedroom and saw them both hard at work. I became Madeleine Kahn in Clue.

Ilsa took one look at my expression and her face crumpled. She started to cry. Juliette tried to justify her actions by saying that she was trying to decorate the room with pretties. AGHTHAGGHAGAGAAHHRRG.

8 comments:

Jess said...

I highly recommend trying those Mr. Clean magic eraser things. I have never tried them on dry erase markers but they work on finger paint, crayon and bird blood. So yeah, try those... And if that doesn't work... paint. Lots and lots of paint.

Mircalla said...

"the girls drew on our white apartment walls with dry erase markers."

they were just trying to be creative. why punish them for this?

i drew the bottom of my parents' table. the drawings are still there! : )

carrie_lofty said...

Why punish them? Are you serious? Because they recite the list of things they CAN draw on -- paper, the easel, dry-erase books, their own hands -- and then they drew on MY HOUSE. Not acceptable, not even for the sake of creativity. The dry erase markers do not wash off. We live in an apartment. If I had not discovered that white board cleaner works on paint, we would have been fined for the damage.

The fact that Ilsa cried and Juliette began to make excuses when I hadn't even said anything shows me that they knew they were misbehaving.

Keven said...

"they were just trying to be creative. why punish them for this?"

Two words.

Rental Property

Mircalla said...

i was joking...

Steve said...

Have you considered a punishment box - loosely based on the cooler king scenario from The Great Escape. But don't give them a ball.

Casey said...

Ya know when my new baby is born come october I'm not even going to teach him/her to use the bathroom. When a baby craps themselves that is their own primitive form of creative expression. I mean who are you or I to judge and put limits on where another living breathing human being shits?

Mircalla said...

"I mean who are you or I to judge and put limits on where another living breathing human being shits?"

: )



congratulations on your forthcoming baby.