4/1/07

Drawings by Ilsa

Just when I thought Ilsa's drawings were too abused to make for good scans, she came up with two drawings in the span of a day. I did quick scans before she had the chance to cover them with checker boards and alphabets.
This is not a vehicle. This is a dog. Notice the spots, the tiny legs, the teeth, ears, and sad mouth-nose combo. Talk about a style distinctive from that of her sister -- or anyone else.
This is another sad dog with even tinier legs. Do we detect an emerging style? The big difference is that this dog wears glasses.

My Ilsa...she's a strange one -- even for a three-year-old.

Her ballet recital went well on Friday. No crying. No fuss. Just itty-bitty girl dancing and immense cuteness. I'll upload the video soon and issue Youtube invitations to interested folks. Let me know if you want to see the footage.

Don't undermine my new resolution
Just to find a different light,
A new direction.
"New Resolution" by Azure Ray

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Huh. I would have gone with wolverine and slug, respectively.

I think she has a future in kodomo anime. :)

DK & The Fluffies said...

We'd love to see the ballet

carrie_lofty said...

DKM, I don't have your e-mail address :(