4/14/07

Hmmm...

I was browsing for apartments in Tampa. No reason, mind you. Just browsing.

But I read something among the apartment listings that reminded me of a commercial from a few years back. A couple sits in front of their computer, booking a vacation. They read "complimentary mosquito nets" among a hotel's amenities and wonder at each other. Fade to the next scene, when they are in bed at the hotel and hear a noise. They turn on the lights, screaming because the netting around their bed is covered in bugs the size of tanker trucks.

So what should I deduce when a Tampa apartment lists included utilities of trash, water, sewer, and pest control?? While that's nice enough, and many apartments could do a better job of controlling unwanted six-legged guests, management's decision to boast about this particular asset makes me a leery.

Of the whole state.

Sure, all the apartments look like resorts...
But the bugs look like this...

"Oh my God, I can't believe it --
I've never been this far away from home."
"Oh my God" by Kaiser Chiefs

1 comment:

Jas said...

The southeast in general has a lot of bugs and the further south (and warmer) you get the more bugs. While the cold of Wisconsin does suck, so do having uninvited guests of the 6 or 8 legged variety much of the year.