11/23/07

I'm Still Here (and Giving Thanks)

I haven't dropped off the planet. I'm in Indiana with the family for Thanksgiving, having returned here from DC on Tuesday. We'll be back in Kenosha tomorrow, hoping to beat the end-of-holiday rush home through Chicago. We tried going home to Madison on the Sunday following Thanksgiving two years ago, when our five-hour trip took closer to nine because of traffic. Eep. Let's not do that again.

Thanksgiving was stufted full o' the goods. Too much yummy. I think I woke up with a food hangover. Jess, Casey, Lily and Jack came over and stayed late, the girls behaved, and everyone had a good time. Quality holiday. And each and every one of us slept in this morning to avoid the sales push. Good luck to any of you who braved the sales, but I just can't handle that much eager consumerism. (I prefer my consumerism done quietly and from the privacy of my own internet connection.)

I'll recap our trip to DC once we get our pics from Richard (we borrowed his camera coz ours is nasty dead). 'Twas lovely and fun, even though we missed our plane on the way out. Oooh, it's like a cliffhanger! What happened??!!

Hope everyone had a great holiday with family and friends and lots of love. I have much to be thankful for, so this Thanksgiving has been especially happy.

I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life.
Oh just to be with you is having the best day of my life.
"Thank You" by Dido

No comments: