12/10/07

Mmmm... Captain Jack

Did anyone else realize Captain Jack (aka John Barrowman) was quite so friggin' talented? He's lovely. I think I shall stare at him for a bit until I develop a crush.


I'm still here, btw. Just busy. We did the Christmas decorating thing on Saturday and Sunday, and Keven and I went to his rather nifty holiday party on Friday night. We hung out with Josie & Brad, who are both Teh Shazaam. I wouldn't have enjoyed myself quite so much if we hadn't found them. It's nice to know folks in advance. We danced to the music supplied by a DJ who seemed to have graduated right around when I did, because the stuff he played was like reliving a junior high dance: "My Prerogative," "Bust a Move," "Poison" (Bel Biv Devoe). All that was missing was "Love Shack" and "Wild Thing." "Sexyback" was great fun--too bad I didn't know the routine--as was dancing to "Brick House" with Brad. Can you believe no one else wanted to dance with us? Food was waaaay tasty and I ate too much desert, as per usual.

OK, back to work. My house is exploding. Probably best that the threat of a massive ice storm kept me home from the Chicago North meeting tonight. *sigh*

Oh, and if you haven't seen the "fall finale" of "Life," the two-part episode, you're seriously missing out on some fantastic, amazing drama.

We come from the land of ice and snow
From the midnight sun and the hot springs blow.
"
Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin

No comments: