1/15/08

Holy Hot Damn

It's done!

This afternoon I finished SEQUEL OF A SCOUNDREL, or whatever the heck it'll eventually be called. I even typed THE END like the dork I am. The final draft is due to my editor two months from today, so I'll begin revisions from hell on Thursday. I know I should give myself a few weeks off from the thing, but I don't want to be caught out and miss my deadline. That would be uncool.

I'll spend tomorrow catching up with random bits. If I owe you a blog post, a promo thingie, a critique or whatever, it'll happen tomorrow--a breather before going back to Castile. *cringe* Iz gonna suck. But that's what I said about What a Scoundrel Wants back when it was still ugly, still unsold, and still called RWS.

Here are the stats, mostly a bit of note-keeping for myself: I started research on September first, plotting on the 12th (the same day I got The Call), and writing on the 24th. That means 114 writing days at 977 words/day. Kinda sucky. Much better than WaSW (630 words/day over 187 days) but not as good as Serenade (1200 words/day over 86 days). Then again Serenade hasn't sold. Ha!

Wait, I shouldn't be celebrating that, even to use it as an excuse!

And now a bit from my most-played song this week:

All my loves are hidden in pieces.
All my loves are within a wild night.
If they are still up high, we'll throw them to the sea.
Watch the murder of the wilds to the music of the deep.
"
Isis" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

No comments: