6/23/08

Weekend Away

My goodness. You'd think from this blog that all I do is watch TV. Whoops. Coz that's not the case!

The girls and I are still at my parents' house, having navigated the car through five hours of road cones to get here on Friday. We've mostly been hanging out and catching up, spending yesterday evening over at my brother's house. Lily and the girls played with one of the neighbor children, it rained pleasantly, and baby Jackson was genial as always. A good night. On Saturday, which was gorgeous and sunny about 80% of the time--when it wasn't suddenly raining--the girls played out in a blow-up swimming pool. All in all a good visit thus far, although poor Mom is still feeling a little punky as she continues to recover from the salmonella poisoning. We'll drive back today.

Friday will be the last of the summer camp, which means the girls are all mine as of this time next week. EEP! I'll have to remember what to do with them on a constant basis. Lots of playdates, I'm thinking. And the beach. My agent and I discussed my goals for this summer, which will primarily consist of reading, research, percolating ideas, working on WaSW promo stuff, and keeping the kids occupied. No big writing goals until September, when they'll start school full time. Should be nice. Not too stressful.

Speaking of stressful, did I mention the five hour drive down here? It normally takes three. Construction has been dreadful. I'm hoping the return home won't be so bad. I'm seriously considering a train trip next time we visit, just so I don't have to do that again. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

So what have you been up to? How was your weekend? And what do your summer plans look like?

I work for the county out on 95.
All day I hold a red flag and watch the traffic pass me by.
In my head I keep a picture of a pretty little miss.
Someday mister I'm gonna lead a better life than this.
"
Working on the Highway" by Bruce Springsteen

No comments: