8/13/08

Oh, Hello There!

What's this? I have a blog? Still? Oh, ok.

Hi there!

I've been busy, as you might guess. Busy trying to die of hacking and snotting. I swear, my grim reaper will one day come in the form of pneumonia. I'm just glad I never took up smoking.

So Monday, we had professional carpet cleaners come in. What a treat! No Rug Doctor hassles. Instead, the girls and I went out to breakfast and then shopping. The only trick was capturing Mari, my wild child, so she and the boys could hang out in the bathroom for the duration.

As for shopping, I spent a gazillion dollars on random stuff like pillows and bathmats and a new duvet, as well as clothes and supplies for the girls, who return to school three weeks from today. But the duvet is very nice, all fluffy and warm. Can't wait for winter now, if by winter I mean cool temperatures made for cozy sleeping--not necessarily huge ass piles of snow.

Yesterday, we registered for the girls' new round of swimming lessons. I've upped it to three times a week, so they'll go T, W, Th in the evenings. I'm also signed up for a rhythmic aerobics course that meets M, W, F from 9-10am, which means I can get my dose of fitness and best intentions out of the way first thing in the morning, just after dropping the girls off at school. Rock climbing was fun, but a) it's a 20 minute drive, and b) it's a seriously dodgy thing to do with my wrist as wonky as it is. So rhythmic aerobics. That's almost dance, right? Close enough.

Otherwise, I've been catching up on all manner of odds and ends, hoping to jump right in with new writing projects once school begins. That means clearing my desk here in August. Barb and I are proposing workshops for a conference in Shreveport in March, and I was just offered a paid teaching gig for STAR-NY's online workshop series. Called "Beyond Research: Fact and Fiction for the Historical Romance Author," it will run through all of February.

Next week will be all about writing my RWR article. Eep! Due Sept. 5! And I want to get an epilogue for WaSW ready for the December release, which will help make my "currently being redesigned" website all nifty with some free content.

Oh, and if you're interested, Tumperkin will be leading us through the construction of another romance send up. The Unfeasibly Tall Greek Billionaire was such a hit that we're doing it again. Look for it this fall.

So that's my round-up. We're off to Wauwatosa this morning to spend the afternoon with Jenn. Good times. I'll draw the winner of the free books when I return this evening, so you still have time to enter.

And I'm diggin' Coldplay's latest. I've liked everything off this album so far, so I might just have to find the whole thing.

When it started we had high hopes.
Now my back's on the line, my back's on the ropes.
When it started we were all right,
but night makes a fool of us in daylight.
"Yes" by Coldplay

No comments: