9/12/08

Hamlet? I am Thwarted!

I woke up knowing that tickets for the Royal Shakespeare Company's London production of Hamlet, starring David Tennant and Patrick Stewart, went on sale today to the general public, but lo! Tis sold out! Betide my poxy woe! It's been so popular, however, that I bet they do a DVD release. Here I shall console myself with a picture of the brooding Doctor--er, I mean Danish prince.

David Tennant
In other news, today marks the one-year anniversary of The Call from Hilary. Time, she doth fly. This time of year always makes me think about anniversaries, because it was 12--twelve!!!--years ago on Sept. 10th when I flew to England for my year abroad. I brought home a cute dude who's been with me ever since. And on Sept. 10, 2006, I finished my first draft of Serenade and sent off the paperwork to join RWA, officially kicking off my writing career.

Always makes me wonder what I'll be doing this time next year...

What dates are special to you, outside of the usual holidays and anniversaries?

Just a day, just an ordinary day,
Just trying to get by.
Just a boy, just an ordinary boy,
But he was looking to the sky.
"Ordinary Day" by Vanessa Carlton

No comments: