10/7/08

Let ME Give Them a Pedicure...

...so I can chop their blimmin' toes off!

Less than a week after the federal government committed $85 billion to bail out AIG, executives of the giant AIG insurance company headed for a week-long retreat at a luxury resort and spa, the St. Regis Resort in Monarch Beach, California, Congressional investigators revealed today.

AIG documents obtained by Congressman Henry Waxman's (D-CA) investigators show the company paid more than $440,000 for the retreat, including nearly $200,000 for rooms, $150,000 for meals and $23,000 in spa charges. Source: ABC
Oh, and they've already blown through $61 billion of the $85 billion they borrowed, all before selling off any of their shitty assets.

Have you tried to log into your 401(k) within an hour of closing? I've tried for the last two days. It takes me twenty minutes, so maybe everyone and their uncle is looking to see how bad the damage is, even though mutual funds don't update their numbers until after midnight. Keven and I have lost double-digit percentages of our net worth since February, and we still consider ourselves lucky because we don't have a mortgage or tons of debt.

But the patent bloody unfairness makes my head throb.

It's like if I went to speak about this out loud to people, I'd just start ranting and spew out all my anger at some unsuspecting family member. "Torchwood" fans, remember that kid who fell into the Rift and came back and couldn't stop screaming for days at a time? Yeah, I'd be like him.

No comments: