10/19/08

Where You At?

Liz mentioned my dearth of posting lately, so I thought I'd fill you in.

I've been working. Tons. Unfortunately, I can't tell you about one project--don't want to jinx it, but the first draft is almost finished and ready for revisions. And the other big deal, based on the WWII excerpt I posted last month, is undergoing a change of direction. I've been working on that with my agent, hopefully coming to some conclusions this week so I can get back to work on them. Psyched.

I've been trying to come up with an epilogue for WHAT A SCOUNDREL WANTS to post for free on my website once the book comes out. My editor has proposals for two more SCOUNDREL books, so I'm waiting on news there, and I've begun writing on my sci-fi romance ONYX. All works in progress!

See? Not a lot to really discuss. Just nose to the grindstone, in the best and most creative sense.

On the family front, this weekend we carved pumpkins, which entailed keeping Juliette away from sharp things and convincing Ilsa to touch the icky orange stuff. Many tears, and eventually I wound up doing the damn thing. Have I mentioned how much I hate Halloween? I really do. I mean, I'm a grown up. If I want candy, I know where the closest Ghirardelli outlet is!

Juliette's sixth birthday is Saturday, which means I'll be doing baking sometime this week, and then there's trick-or-treating on the weekend.

Otherwise, I've been happily glomming all my fave new shows and finally reading again. Is good.

A room without a view
Has so much for me and you
I was born to stare
At stars on ceiling walls
"My TV and You" by VAST

No comments: