11/17/08

Movies Bits

It's 7:49 PM and I'm all by myself. The girls are in bed, and Keven is too because he doesn't feel so well. Most evenings, I'd have a stack of work to finish while wiling away a few bonus hours of alone time, but not tonight. I'm feeling aimless and in need of entertainment. I spent most of the day mailing copies of WaSW to reviewers, as well as finishing up promo interviews, so words are not my friend. This is where my mom would point out that, in spite of what I've just insisted, I'm still writing. So enough for tonight.

Instead I'm going to watch the best parts of a bunch of favorite movies. Why watch all two hours when you can condense the best films into ten minutes of their best parts? Like a greatest hits of film, one of those lousy things AFI would put together. Except my films rock and so do my choice scenes. On the docket are Captives, Last of the Mohicans, Felicity Jones's "Northanger Abbey", Lady Jane, Keira Knightley's Pride & Prejudice, Pump Up the Volume, Sweet Land, 10 Things I Hate About You, Love Actually, House of Flying Daggers, Before Sunset, Kill Bill Vol. II, and the ShakespeaRe-Told versions of "Much Ado About Nothing" and "Taming of the Shrew". I'd have included North & South and Jane Eyre in that lot, but I watched them recently.

And maybe, if I have my big girl panties on, I'll finally finish Atonement. But I know what happens--coz Ian McEwan is my hero and my nemesis--and I don't think I'll strong enough tonight.

Till now I always got by on my own.
I never really cared until I met you.
"
Alone" by Heart

No comments: