11/26/08

Thanksgiving Roundup

So today the girls and I are home. I'll be doing some cleaning and pet prep because we're leaving for my parents' house around noon. That means I'll also be sacrificing Westley to the travel gods in hopes of light traffic and good weather through Chicago. Poor Westley.

In the meantime, Keven has more sillified posts lined up for the next couple of days. He and I have the same discussion whenever we travel, which revolves around whether to bring our computers. My laptop is temperamental to say the least. I think Keven decided to take his, so I'll at least have access to YouTube on the night for dance results. You know, the important things in life.

Otherwise, I'm taking a break from writing over the holiday. I know lots of folks are still crazy for NaNo, but I have written all of 12 pages this month. Just so happened that my projects didn't coincide with writing in November. Now I have two projects out and about (one on submission; one with my agent), so there's not a lot I need to do right other than pimp the hell out of WaSW.

Speaking of which...! Aside from how Ann's contest seems to have puked me (in the best possible way) all over the internet, I have links to two new interviews. MANY more will follow next week. I'm at my agent's blog here, and I'm on Yankee Romance Reviews here, where Terra and her readers are so sweet!

I think the moral is that if you can't win a free copy of WaSW in the next two weeks, you're just not trying hard enough! I am tossing them about like candy at a parade...which people don't do any more. Have you noticed that? Two Independence Day parades in a row and we haven't come away with a single piece of candy. Gah!

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving, everyone. I'm thankful for so very much, and I'm glad to have a few calm, slow days with family to let it all sink in.

The noise of the world is getting me caught up.
Chasing the clock and I wish I could stop it.
Just need to breathe, somebody please...slow me down.
"
Slow Me Down" by Emmy Rossum

No comments: