12/4/08

Doctor Doh!

I've had a vascular problem with my right heel since puberty that will require surgery in the near future. I've known this for years, but I was advised to wait on pursuing a surgical solution until after we finished having children.

Well, our family's done. And I've been having a great deal of pain lately, so 2009 is the year I'll finally get it sorted out. On Monday, I started the process by visiting a new doctor--a general surgeon who has experience with varicose repair. However, I'm not entirely sure about him. Why? Well, I pin it on what he said while examining the configuration of my veins:

"Wow, I've never seen anything like that before." But he thinks he can do surgery just fine.

Sure, dude, pick up that scalpel and dig in! Or maybe not. Check, please!

Second opinion, here I come...

If you'd been a dog,
They would have drowned you at birth.
Look into my eyes--
It's the only way you'll know I'm telling the truth.
"
Knives Out" by Radiohead

No comments: