7/3/09

15 Books Meme

Barb Ferrer tagged me on Facebook with this one. I'd be curious about your lists! Instructions: List fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. Don't take any longer than fifteen minutes.

I've made these choices based on one particular requirement: They smacked me upside the head. For whatever reason, at whatever period in my life, each of these taught me something new about what was possible with storytelling. In some cases I've gone on to appreciate better or more recent works by each author, or I've since reread them and they didn't affect me as intensely, but these are the books that changed me.

In no particular order other than how I remembered them...

1. Atonement by Ian McEwan
2. Dune by Frank Herbert
3. Apache Temptation by Janis Reams Hudson
4. Fire & Rain by Elizabeth Lowell
5. The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel
6. Night by Elie Wiesel
7. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
8. The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder
9. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
10. Water, Carry Me by Thomas Moran
11. The Siege by Helen Dunmore
12. The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier
13. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
14. The Sleep Book by Dr. Seuss
15. To Love and to Cherish by Patricia Gaffney

No comments: