3/16/10

Upcoming Appearances

Today I'm over at Long & Short Reviews for an interview. What? March? And still doing promo? Yes, well, I try. I'll also be at Long & Short's Yahoo Group throughout tomorrow to chat with everyone. There will be prizes, so make sure you stop by!

In April I'll be leading a very useful online workshop called "The Tiny Art of Elevator Pitches: How to Craft Them & How to Use Them" via Elements of RWA. This is my favorite course to teach because I get to play with the intricate words puzzles that are elevator pitches--essentially, your book in 35 words or less. You don't have to be a member of RWA to sign up.

I will also be presenting a workshop at Chicago North's Spring Fling Conference. The workshop is "Beyond Research: Stronger POV & Effective Use of Detail." I don't have a definite time for the workshop, but the conference itself runs April 23-24 in Deerfield, IL (north Chicago suburb).

I'll be attending the Romantic Times Booklover's Convention in Columbus, OH, April 27-May 1. My panel "Looking for Something Different?"--with Zoe Archer, Blythe Gifford, Jade Lee, Sherry Thomas, and Kensington editor Megan Records--will look at writing, selling and promoting unusual historicals.

In addition to participating in the signing on Saturday at RT, I'll be co-hosting the Midnight Mad Hatter Historical Tea Party on Wednesday, April 28 at midnight (although technically that's Thursday, isn't it?). Here's the write-up:
You never know who you may meet, or what prize you may get when you attend the Midnight Mad Hatters Historical Tea Party! The night wanes, but the reveling goes on! It's loaded with merriment, laughter and fun! Wear your best hat, and please don't you be late! For you don't want to miss this very important date!
My co-hosts are Victoria Alexander, Renee Bernard, Emily Bryan, Kristina Cook, Genella deGrey, Charlotte Featherstone, Heather Graham, Sally MacKenzie, Donna MacMeans, Amanda McIntyre, and Sharon Page. Oh, you wouldn't believe how much stuff we've assembled to give away!

I hope to see some fans there!

No comments: